Slewing drives are widely used due to their modular installation convenience, operational stability, load-bearing capacity and strong environmental adaptability, etc., to improve industrial production efficiency and accelerate the realization of industrial automation. Then, once a failure occurs during the operation of the equipment, it may affect the normal production plan. For this reason, we should pay attention to the operation of the equipment and make timely judgments.
Judgment method of slewing drive operating state
1. Pay attention to the backhaul gap
During the operation of the equipment, observe the clearance of the rotary reducer during the return stroke, and judge the return clearance of the drive by the instant forward and reverse operation mode during operation. Refer to the theory of the type of rotary reducer corresponding to the instruction manual provided when the drive is purchased. The return gap can be used to judge whether the running state is normal.
2. Listen to the running sound
Normal equipment operating sounds are different from abnormal sounds. How to determine the operating status of the slewing drive can start from identifying the abnormal sounds. For abnormal noises or irregular sounds during operation, it is necessary to judge whether the reducer is in normal operation. If there are abnormal sounds, it should be repaired in time to determine the damage location and repair it.
3. Observe the operating temperature
If the slewing drive has abnormal temperature, there may be problems with overload operation or bearing wear and abnormal voltage, but these are usually not directly reflected from the operating state when the equipment is running, so we can judge by the temperature of the drive during operation. If the temperature is too high, it needs to be overhauled in time.
If all the above conditions are normal after running for more than 30 minutes, it means that the rotary reducer is in good working condition and can be used with confidence. So, the following editor introduces some common faults of rotary reducers for reference only.
Common faults and solutions of slewing drive
1. The motor does not rotate: the motor does not rotate. Eliminate power failure and poor switch contact. There may be problems such as abnormal voltage, gear damage, overload operation, coil breakage, etc. You need to check the power supply, wiring, voltage, capacitor or directly contact the manufacturer for repair.
2. Abnormal heating: Abnormal heating of the drive may be caused by overload operation, abnormal voltage, bearing wear, etc. It is necessary to reduce the load and frequency of use, confirm whether the voltage is normal and perform maintenance.
3. Noise: The noise of the rotary reducer may have bearing damage, gear wear, or foreign matter jamming, and it needs to be disassembled and repaired by the manufacturer’s service personnel. Or there is lubricating oil contaminated or lack of lubricating oil, it should be supplemented or replaced in time.
4. Abnormal vibration: abnormal vibration caused by loose screws or wear of gears and bearings requires screw progress or replacement and maintenance of gear bearings.
5. Oil leakage: There are reasons such as loose screws or damage to the sealing ring, and the screws should be replaced or tightened in time.
The above are several judgment methods of Lunda editor on how to judge the running status of the slewing drive, as well as the common faults and solutions of the equipment. I hope it will be helpful to everyone. In the daily use of the reducer, you should pay attention to the running status of the equipment and find the problem in time. Repairs to prevent the deterioration of the problem from affecting production.