We know that the quality of the slewing bearing itself is the main factor affecting the service life of the bearing, but no, because in addition to the quality of the bearing, there is also a very important issue, that is, the maintenance and maintenance of the bearing during its use, but, How to maintain the slewing bearing during use?
Lubrication of slewing bearing
(1) Reduce friction and wear. In the mutual contact parts of the rings, rolling elements and cages that constitute the bearing, metal contact is prevented, and friction and wear are reduced.
(2) Extend the fatigue life. The rolling fatigue life of the bearing is extended when the rolling contact surface is well lubricated during rotation. Conversely, if the oil viscosity is low and the lubricating oil film thickness is not good, it will be shortened.
(3) Discharge frictional heat and cooling. The oil circulation method, etc., can use oil to discharge heat generated by friction or heat from the outside, and cool it. Prevent the bearing from overheating and prevent the aging of the lubricating oil itself.
(4) Others. It also has the effect of preventing foreign matter from entering the inside of the bearing, or preventing rust and corrosion.
2. Lubrication method
Bearing lubrication methods are divided into grease lubrication and oil lubrication. In order to make the bearing function well, first of all, it is necessary to select a lubrication method suitable for the conditions of use and the purpose of use. If only lubrication is considered, the lubricity of oil lubrication is dominant. However, grease lubrication has the advantage of simplifying the structure around the bearing. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of grease lubrication and oil lubrication.
Cleaning of slewing bearing
1. Selection of cleaning materials
As the cleaning agent, cleaning agent and kerosene are generally used. In addition, pay attention to sealing the cleaning agent when not in use to avoid the entry of external magazines and contaminating the cleaning agent. In the case of inattentiveness, cleaning the bearing with the contaminated cleaning agent will not only not have a cleaning effect, but will contaminate the bearing and cause the bearing to be polluted. Running brings stress.
2. Cleaning precautions
(1) The disassembled bearing is cleaned, divided into coarse cleaning and fine cleaning, and placed in the container respectively, first put on the bottom of the metal mesh, so that the bearing does not directly contact the dirt of the container.
(2) During rough cleaning, if the bearing is rotated with dirt, it will damage the rolling surface of the bearing, so be careful. In the rough cleaning oil, use a brush to remove grease and adhesions. After it is roughly clean, transfer to the fine cleaning.
(3) Fine cleaning is to carefully clean the bearing while rotating in the cleaning oil.
Maintenance of slewing bearing
1. Maintenance method
(1) Check the state of the raceway surface, rolling surface, and mating surface, the wear of the cage, the increase of bearing clearance, and the damage and abnormality irrelevant to the decrease of dimensional accuracy.
(2) For small ball bearings, support the inner ring horizontally with one hand, and rotate the outer ring to check whether it is smooth. For separable bearings such as tapered roller bearings, the rolling elements and the raceway surface of the outer ring can be inspected separately.
2. Maintenance precautions
(1) In order to judge whether the disassembled bearing can be used, it should be checked after the bearing is cleaned.
(2) Special tools and disassembly steps and techniques should be used for bearing disassembly to avoid damage to the bearing due to the disassembly of the bearing for maintenance, which is not worth the loss.
(3) Since large bearings cannot be rotated by hand, pay attention to checking the appearance of rolling elements, raceway surfaces, cages, rib surfaces, etc. The higher the importance of the bearing, the more careful inspection is required.
The above is the summary of how to maintain and maintain the slewing bearing during the use of the slewing bearing. It can be seen that the maintenance skills in the use of the slewing bearing include lubrication, cleaning, and maintenance.
Bearing lubrication should pay attention to the selection of appropriate lubricants, pay attention to the distinction between coarse and fine washing when cleaning, and pay attention to disassembly, rotation and other issues when overhauling.