What are the reasons for the deformation of the slewing bearing?
Slewing bearings are widely used on rotating machines such as ferris wheels and excavators, and the wide range of applications also reflects that the work load of slewing bearings is relatively high, and high-load work makes slewing bearings in use. Many problems will be encountered, and bearing deformation is one of the more common problems. So, what are the reasons for the deformation of the slewing bearing? How can we control the deformation of the slewing bearing? The slewing bearing manufacturer will introduce the related problems of the deformation of the slewing bearing, and I hope it will be helpful to everyone.
Causes of deformation of slewing bearings
1. Irregular installation
In fact, there are still more attentions in the installation process of slewing bearings. For example, in the process of bearing installation, it is necessary to accurately calculate the interference of the rotating ferrule and the appropriate fit of the fixed ferrule. Especially slewing bearings work on machines like excavators, ferris wheels, etc., and the temperature rises easily during the working process. At this time, special attention should be paid to the matching of the rotating ring not to be too loose to prevent eccentric vibration, and There must be no gap in the fit of the fixed ferrule to prevent the ferrule from deforming under load and excite vibration, which will affect the service life of the bearing.
2. Bearing wear
Wear is almost accompanied by the entire life cycle of the machine, but this natural wear has a certain degree of stability. However, if the amount of lubricating oil is too low or missing, it will cause rapid wear of the bearing, and the damage to the bearing by this unnatural wear will be irreversible. Only by overhauling the machining accuracy and straightness of the bearing can it be completely repaired.
3. Friction heat generation
During the working process of the slewing bearing, the temperature rises due to the load of the workpiece and the friction between the bearing rolling elements and the inner and outer rings, which causes the bearing to deform due to heat expansion. If the amount of lubricating oil is sufficient and effective, this kind of thermal deformation can be effectively curbed. I am afraid of the dry grinding caused by the lack of lubricating oil in the second case mentioned above. In this state, not only will the bearing raceway wear and out of stock, but also a large amount of frictional heat will be generated, which will cause bearing damage and premature failure.
Methods to prevent deformation of slewing bearings
1. Reasonable installation
(1) Keep hands clean and dry when taking out: When the turntable bearing is taken out of the package, the operator’s hands should be kept clean and dry, because sweat on the hands can cause rust, and gloves can be worn if necessary. However, it is necessary to pay attention to gloves. It is recommended to use cotton gloves to avoid scratching the bearings due to the rough surface of the gloves.
(2) Reasonable use of force: during bearing installation, the installation force should not be transmitted through the bearing rolling elements, and attention should be paid to the control of the force during installation, to avoid direct application of force to the bearing, and to minimize the effect of force on the bearing. Injury caused by the bearing.
2. Lubricate correctly
(1) Lubricant selection: When choosing the right grease for rolling bearings, you usually need to consider the following factors: bearing type, speed, working temperature and load, as well as installation position, sealing, shock and vibration, and consideration The requirements of laws and regulations and environmental protection, only to meet these requirements is a more suitable grease.
(2) Grease adding method: common slewing bearing grease adding methods include oil mist lubrication, oil-air lubrication, grease lubrication, jet lubrication, etc. Among them, grease lubrication does not require any equipment and is a relatively common lubrication method. The lubrication method is simple and easy to operate. Other methods have their own advantages. You can consider them according to the situation.
3. Ensure that the slewing bearing is clean
(1) Bearing cleaning: When cleaning, you should first pinch the inner ring of the bearing with one hand, and slowly rotate the outer ring with the other hand, until the oil on the rolling elements, raceways and cage of the bearing is completely washed off, then clean the bearing. The surface of the outer ring. At the beginning of cleaning, it should be rotated slowly, swayed back and forth, and rotated too hard, otherwise the raceways and rolling elements of the bearing will be easily attached to dirt.
(2) Isolation of impurities and dust: Bearings are easy to hide dirt and dirt. After all, the working environment of bearings is more complicated. Therefore, after the bearing cleaning work is completed, it is recommended that you use a layer of grease to seal it. This can reduce bearing contamination.
The above is a summary of the reasons for the deformation of the slewing bearing, the reasons and prevention methods. It can be seen that the reasons for the deformation of the slewing bearing include irregular installation, bearing wear, friction and heat generation, etc., and the corresponding prevention Measures include reasonable installation, effective lubrication, and keeping clean.