There are many factors that affect the life of the slewing bearing. Different working conditions, different materials, and different bearing types will affect the service life of the bearing. For this reason, the life is not a standardized number but depends on the materials, processes, and production levels during production. , as well as the use method during use, maintenance and lubrication conditions and other factors are comprehensively determined.
How long is the service life of the slewing bearing in general
According to the influence of the bearing material, assembly, tolerance fit, lubrication and other factors, the service life of the slewing bearing under normal conditions ranges from 10,000 to 192,000 hours. We generally say that the service life of bearings is also different for different types of bearings.
Like ordinary bearings, the service life of the bearing refers to the failure of use, such as pitting, spalling, etc., which cannot work normally. For spindle bearings, precision bearings, etc., which require high precision, when the running accuracy of the bearing fails to meet the requirements, it will fail, but it is far from the standard of failure of ordinary bearings. So this is also the reason for the different service life of the slewing bearing.
Factors affecting the service life of slewing bearings
1. Manufacturing factors
(1) Design: Whether the diameter, number, ring wall thickness, effective length of rolling contact, tightness, radian and size of the contact surface of the raceway of the bearing are compatible with the matching equipment.
(2) Material: Martensite in the quenched steel, impurities in the steel, chemical composition, gas, cracks, etc., during the bearing production process, the impact of the material on the quality of the bearing is a hard injury, which cannot be compensated by technology in the later stage.
(3) Manufacturing: In the process of producing slewing bearings, the hardness of bearing parts, bearing metallographic structure, surface burns, bumps and scratches, roughness, poor parts grouping, production accuracy, bearing clearance, cleanliness, residual magnetism and parts Residual stress on the working surface will affect the service life of the bearing, and the impact in the manufacturing process is similar to the congenital quality problem. The bearing with defects manufactured under the same working conditions has a shorter life than the standard and qualified bearing.
2. Use factors
(1) Selection: In terms of selection, such as bearing load, hardness, operating environment, etc., a good bearing design will first make the bearing reach the upper limit of theoretical life.
(2) Assembly: the installation accuracy of the bearing, the degree of fit between the bearing shaft and the seat hole, the selection of each part, size, shape and position accuracy, the selection of assembly tools, and the cleanliness of the installation. Whether impurities are mixed in, including the assembly position and assembly of each part Clearance, preload size, lubricant selection and filling amount, etc.
(3) Working environment: The working temperature and the cleanliness of the working environment will affect the service life of the bearing. If the bearing is used in a harsh environment or in a high temperature, high heat, low temperature and cold environment, it may affect the performance and performance of the bearing. The service life has a certain impact.
(4) Load: Each bearing has a rated load during production, and there is a range for the load that the bearing bears during operation, that is, the stress condition. If it exceeds this range for long-term overload operation, it may cause serious damage to the performance of the bearing. influence, which in turn affects the service life.
(5) Lubrication: Bearing lubrication is a key factor to reduce the friction between the various parts of the bearing and reduce the occurrence of damage and deformation. For this reason, whether the bearing lubrication is appropriate, timely and reasonable will have a certain impact on the service life of the bearing.
The above is my answer about how long the service life of slewing bearings is generally. In fact, if you want to extend the service life of the bearing, you only need to do the correct selection and assembly, maintain a good working environment, and use the correct maintenance and lubricating oil. Supplementation can increase the service life of the bearing