What is the reason for the high noise of spur gear drive?
In addition to running accuracy, load capacity and fatigue life, noise is also an important indicator of the performance of a spur gear drive. Noise not only affects the operating environment of the equipment, but also affects the gear transmission accuracy and the overall operation and transmission of spur gear drives. With the successive issuance of ISO14000 and ISO18000 standards, controlling its transmission noise becomes more and more important.
The reason for the high noise of spur gear drive
1. Influence of gear accuracy: Gear accuracy is often designed with economic benefits as the basis, ignoring the impact of accuracy on drive noise and backlash. When the gear accuracy cannot be reached, it will increase the operating noise.
2. Influence of gear width: Under the condition of constant torque, the noise curve gradient of large tooth width is lower than that of small tooth width, and the noise of small tooth width is relatively large.
3. Influence of tooth pitch and pressure angle: Small tooth pitch can contact more gears at the same time, the overlap of gears increases, and the noise is larger.
4. Influence of gear displacement coefficient: When the gear transmission performance is improved, the bearing capacity, the displacement coefficient, the central moment, etc. are not suitable for operation, it is easy to generate noise.
5. Speed control: The noise of the spur gear drive is also different at different speeds. With the increase of the speed, the noise of the drive will also increase.
6. Influence of dynamic balance: Misalignment of assembly will lead to unbalanced operation of the shaft system, and in the state of semi-loose and semi-tight gear meshing, it will lead to aggravation of driving noise, and unbalanced gear assembly will affect the accuracy of the transmission system.
7. Loose or damaged parts: Looseness of individual parts during installation will lead to inaccurate positioning of the system, and abnormal meshing will cause shaft movement to generate vibration and noise. Damage to the transmission parts will also lead to inaccurate or unstable movement of the system, resulting in unbalanced moving parts and vibration and noise during high-speed movement.
8. Improper use or maintenance: Dirty impurities enter the drive and cause wear and tear, causing malfunction noise or improper lubrication, causing wear and tear to increase noise. After understanding why the spur gear drive is noisy, let’s take a look at the specific solutions.
Spur gear drive operation noise solution
1. Improve the precision of the drive gear and reduce the transmission error and equipment noise. Control tooth profile error. Reducing the roughness of the tooth surface can reduce the noise emission.
2. When the drive transmission space allows, increase the gear width, reduce the unit load under constant torque, reduce gear winding and reduce noise excitation, while increasing the gear width can also increase the bearing capacity of the gear and improve the bearing torque of the reducer .
3. The correct and reasonable selection of the displacement coefficient can not only make up for the central moment, avoid gear undercut, ensure that the concentric condition is met, improve the transmission performance of the gear, increase its bearing capacity and the service life of the gear, and control the operating noise.
4. Increase the hardness of the spur gear drive gear tooth surface. The high hardness of the gear tooth surface can reduce the possibility of gear deformation, and at the same time, it has a certain effect on reducing the driving noise.
5. Do a good job of shock absorption between the equipment and the drive to avoid resonance and noise between the fuselage and the foundation support and connecting parts. High toughness, high damping base materials can be selected to reduce noise and vibration.
6. Regularly repair the equipment, tighten the parts, find and repair the faulty parts in time, and replace the parts that cannot be repaired in time to stabilize the equipment and reduce the noise level.
7. Supplement lubricating oil in time, choose suitable lubricating oil, avoid equipment heating, wear and other failures caused by insufficient lubrication, and cause failure problems such as increased noise.
8. Keep the internal parts of the drive clean and prevent impurities from entering the spur gear drive and affecting the normal operation of the transmission system.
The above is all about the reasons for the loud operating noise of the spur gear reducer, and also includes specific solutions. There may be many reasons for the noise during the operation of the reducer. It should be noted that the influence of various aspects of the rotary reducer is from Reduce the impact of noise in many ways.