How long is the service life of slewing bearings in general? There are many factors affecting the service life of a bearing. Different working conditions, different materials, and different bearing types will affect the service life of the bearing. For this reason, the service life is not a standardized number but is based on the material, process, and production level during production. As well as the use method, maintenance lubrication conditions and other factors in the process of use, it is comprehensively determined. Let’s take a look at the factors that determine the service life of the bearing and the method of extending the service life with the slewing bearing manufacturer.
How long is the service life of the slewing bearing?
According to the influence of the bearing material, assembly, tolerance fit, lubrication and other factors, the service life of the slewing bearing under normal conditions ranges from 10,000 to 192,000 hours. We generally say that the service life of bearings is different on different types of bearings. Like ordinary bearings, the service life of the bearing refers to the failure of use, such as pitting, spalling and other conditions that cannot work normally. For spindle bearings and precision bearings that require high precision, they will fail when the running accuracy of the bearing fails to meet the requirements, but it is far below the standard for ordinary bearing failure. So this is also the reason why the service life of the slewing bearing is different.
Factors affecting the service life of slewing bearings
1. Manufacturing factors
(1) Design: Whether the diameter, quantity, ring wall thickness, effective length of rolling contact, tightness, radian and size of the raceway contact surface of the bearing rolling elements are compatible with the adapted equipment.
(2) Material: Martensite in the quenched steel during the bearing production process, impurities in the steel, chemical composition, gas, cracks, etc. The impact of the material on the quality of the bearing is hard damage, which cannot be compensated by technology in the later stage.
(3) Manufacturing: In the process of producing slewing bearings, bearing parts hardness, bearing metallographic structure, surface burns, bump scratches, roughness, poor parts grouping, production accuracy, bearing clearance, cleanliness, residual magnetism and parts Residual stress on the working surface will affect the service life of the bearing. The impact during the manufacturing process is similar to the inherent quality problem. Under the same working conditions, a defective bearing has a shorter life than a standard and qualified bearing.
2. Use factors
(1) Model selection: In terms of model selection, such as bearing load, hardness, operating environment, etc., a good bearing design will first enable the bearing to reach the upper limit of the theoretical life.
(2) Assembly: the installation accuracy of the bearing, the matching degree of the bearing shaft and the seat hole, the selection of various parts, dimensions, shape and position accuracy, the selection of assembly tools, and the cleanliness of installation whether there are impurities mixed in, including the assembly position and assembly of each part Clearance, preload size, lubricant selection and filling amount, etc.
(3) Working environment: The working temperature and the cleanliness of the working environment affect the service life of the bearing. If the operating environment of the bearing is in a harsh environment or a high temperature, high temperature, low temperature and severe cold environment, it may affect the performance of the bearing. The service life has a certain impact.
(4) Load: Each bearing has a rated load when it is produced. There is a range for the load borne during the bearing operation, that is, the force condition. If it exceeds this range for long-term overload operation, the performance of the bearing may be seriously affected. The impact of this, which in turn affects the service life.
(5) Lubrication: Bearing lubrication is a key factor in reducing the friction between the various parts of the bearing and reducing the occurrence of damage and deformation. Therefore, whether the bearing lubrication is appropriate, timely and reasonable has a certain impact on the service life of the bearing.
The above is the relevant answer about how long the service life of the slewing bearing is generally. In fact, if you want to extend the service life of the bearing, you only need to correctly select and assemble, maintain a good working environment, and use it correctly to maintain and supplement the lubricant. The service life of the bearing can be increased.